Andy Buchanan, Sales & Marketing Director at Xenith, joins us again for the second interview in our Remote Workplace series. If you haven’t seen the 1st interview, you can do so here.
In this part, Andy tells us what’s changed since we spoke last, why Covid-19 can be seen as an opportunity to change, and he also includes some helpful reference materials for business leaders.
What has changed in the last month in terms of how businesses operate?
- Initial reaction to Covid-19 were temporary fixes to ensure business continuity, reacting to the crisis.
- Now the focus is on looking at business continuity in the medium and long term.
- Constantly look at our plans for the future, and modify them according to the state of our business and market forces at the time.
Why is Covid-19 an opportunity?
- We are all aware of the threats, but we also need to keep an eye on the opportunities.
- Personal opportunities - a time for reflection and resetting, spending time with our families.
- Business opportunities - cultural opportunities and technological opportunities.
- Cultural - what culture do we want in this new ‘normal’? Do workers no longer benefit from being in the office? Do they want partial or complete remote working abilities?
- Technological changes - Do we want to go back to legacy technology, manual or paper-based processes, the inefficiencies of which have been highlighted due to the pandemic?